Extensions Care Page
Hair extensions are fantastic! You can add length to your hair or a beautiful streak of color. They can cover a bad cut or color and tie your hair in a ponytail. With all the glorious things they can do, can you return the favor? Proper care of extensions ensure they'll be around for a while.
Here is how you should treat your Short2Long I-Tip and Tape In Extensions:
- Shampoo hair in a gentle manner no more than 2-3 times a week using a salon quality shampoo for color treated hair.
- Condition hair from the mid-shaft to the ends, using a salon quality conditioner.
- Use an extension brush, work from the ends to the top. Lift hair and make sure the underneath is thoroughly brushed.
- Always make sure your hair is dry and tied back in a loose ponytail or braid before going to sleep.
- Brush Short2Long Extensions three times a day, lifting the hair and brush the bottom sections as well.
- Curling or flat irons and hot rollers may be used.
- Seawater and pools can cause dryness to the extensions. To minimize these effects wet hair completely with tap water prior to swimming. After swimming shampoo well and apply conditioner.
- Some extension loss is normal and is to be expected. Average hair loss is approximately 50-150 strands per day. You can expect to see a small quantity of naturally released hair in the attachment. This is normal shedding and should not be interpreted as hair being pulled from the shaft.
- Daily brushing close to the scalp with an Short2Long extension brush and finger separation of the applied strands will avoid matting.
- If your hair and/or extensions are dry, apply a small amount of leave in conditioner or hair oil mid shaft to ends only.
Remember: NO CONDITIONER ON LINKS OR TAPE!!!