HAIR EXTENSION CARE
Caring for Hair Extensions
- Shampoo hair in a gentle manner no more than 2-3 times a week.
- Condition hair from the mid shaft to the ends. Use a salon quality conditioner. Lightly rinse with cool water, leave some conditioner on hair.
- Use an extension brush on the extensions, work from the bottom to the top
- Always make sure your hair is dry and tied back in a loose ponytail or braid before going to sleep
- Brush short2long lengths three times a day
- Curling irons, flatirons and hot rollers may be used
- Seawater and pools can cause dryness to the extensions. To minimize these effects wet hair completely in a shower prior to swimming. After swimming, shampoo well and apply conditioner.
- Some extension loss is normal and is to be expected. Average client hair loss is approximately 50-150 strands per day. You can expect to see a small quantity of naturally released hair trapped in the attachments after some time. This is normal and should not be interpreted as hair being pulled out of the scalp by the extensions themselves. Daily brushing close to the scalp and finger separation of the applied strands will avoid matting of this are.
- If your hair and/or extensions are dry apply some leave-in conditioners or hair oil so that the hair is soft and moist. A good leave-in treatment can keep the hair from drying. But remember not to put too much otherwise there will be a build up and make the hair feel too heavy. If the hair feels too dry or heavy with too much hair care product you should wash the hair completely.
DO NOT PUT CONDITIONER ON ATTACHMENTS!